Good news! The Walrus Mutterer is being reprinted, so it will be available again shortly and so I've put it back into my shop so you can order a signed copy here. There is a discount if you buy all three of The Stone Stories novel trilogy (including volumes 2 and 3, The Amber Seeker and The Lyre Dancers) and I'll add in a free winter copy of my Earth Wonderings booklet - see the special offer here.
Today a short film about the research behind the novels, including a reading from each, will launch as part of the Scottish International Storytelling Festival, at 6.30pm, followed by a question and answer session. It was filmed at Clachtoll broch and on our sailing boat, Each Mara and it will be available to watch later if you can't make the actual event. The event recording is here.
I have a few other online events coming up.
- An event discussing how nature (especially the woods) inspires writing as part of the Word on the Street festival with Leonie Charlton on Thursday 22 October at 1.30pm. Tickets here.
- The launch of Northwords Now on Saturday 24 October at 1.30pm. Tickets here.
- Kist of Thistles re-launch on Sunday 1 November at 7.30pm
- Wild Words in the Woods - an event as part of the Being Human festival on Saturday 14 November.
- Another Wild Words in the Woods event with Trees for life on Monday evening, 30 November.
- A poetry reading for Scottish Book Week with Dumbarton Library, date to be confirmed.
- And finally, the long-awaited launch of The Lyre Dancers at the Scottish Crannog Centre on Loch Tay will go ahead at a date to be confirmed in December.
I hope to see you at one or more of these events. I'll post links to them here as they become available.