Want to write?
I believe everyone can be a writer. We all use language and have a unique view on the world. I'm always willing to help people to strengthen their own creative writing, through mentoring or workshops. You can buy a one-to-one session with me below or come on retreat.
I am an experienced creative writing tutor. I have aCreative Writing masters degree with distinction from Glasgow University, where I studied from 2003 to 2005. I have taught writing in many different formats and to a wide range of groups. These have included:
- evening classes for large and small groups of adults
- week-long workshops on poetry and starting to write
- weekend workshops on connecting to nature through writing
- day-long workshops on many topics, including poetry, creating characters, dialogue, writing about nature, evoking emotion and getting published
- writing walks, including the hugely popular 'A Taste of Nature', a walk to awaken the senses and create a delectable word salad, and lots of walks about tree folklore and poetry.
As well as creative writing classes, I relish one-to-one teaching opportunities. Students or people who want a writing mentor send me writing work, from time to time, as and when they need feedback or encouragement.
If you would like to establish such a relationship with me, feel free to contact me by email or phone - my contact details are here.
My usual fee to read up to 10 poems, or 5000 words of prose, and provide feedback either by email, phone or in person, is £48. For feedback on longer pieces, add £12 for the next 5000 words or 10 poems, and £10 for each subsequent 10,000 words or 20 poems. You can pay with the paypal buttons below, post a cheque or pay direct to my bank (details on request).